These Peanut Butter and Caramel Cookies are the absolute best eaten warm with a cold glass of milk or nut milk! A Peanut Butter lovers dream cookie!
1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened, plain flavor
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
12 tsp peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a small sauce pan melt butter on medium heat until it has become a golden brown color. Remove from heat.
3. In a medium bowl mix applesauce, both sugars, egg and vanilla together.
4. Combine together with browned butter.
5. Mix in your, oats, flour, salt and baking powder. Once your dough has come together refrigerate for 20 minutes.
6. Once the dough has chilled roll into 12 equal sized balls (using a cookie scoop). Place each cookie dough ball on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet about 2 inches a part.
7. Push a caramel square into the center of each cookie dough ball and form the sides up a bit so the caramel pools in the center as it bakes, otherwise it will run off the sides.
8. Dollop a tsp of peanut butter on the top of each caramel.
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
10. Tag Us on Instagram @bonsweettreatsnj your new obsession and hastag #whatsyourobsession #bonsweettreats
( NOTE: Store in an air tight container. These can be heated in the microwave for about 8 seconds to enjoy them warm again!)