Ohhh....we can't wait to share this recipe with you. As you will see on our Instagram Page: @bonbutters, incase you didn't know already...these Pastries are delish!!! Don't fret...they are actually super simple to make! Prep Time on this is about half hour and Bake time is 16-20 minutes.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. milk
6 Tbsp. bon Hazelnut Spread* or your favorite bon butter (see * for variation below in recipe)
Nonpareils Sprinkles (optional)
In a small bowl stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp. milk and 1/4 tsp vanilla. Stir in addition milk, 1 tsp. at a time, to reach desired drizzling consistency.
1. In a food processor, place the flour, sugar, salt, butter and egg. Pulse until crumbly. Add 1 Tbsp. milk at a time until mixture is a smooth consistency. If needed, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Flour a surface lightly and flatten the dough using your hands. Roll pastry and use cookie cutter in a square shape to cut out shapes.
3. Spread hazelnut spread. *OR* Spread a slice of guava paste + a tsp. of cinnamon cashew butter on top of half of the square shapes you cut out. Moisten the edges with milk and use the remaining half of the squares to cover the filling. Press with a fork around the edges. Prick top of pastry with a fork.
4. Place each pastry onto a non-stick cookie sheet using a spachula and bake until golden brown for 16-20 minutes depending on the size of your shape. Remove and cool on a wire rack and drizzle with Icing and add sprinkles.
5. Hashtag #bonbutters and Enjoy!